|The 13th ROMANIAN FILM FESTIVAL IN LONDON: TOGETHER AND APART
10 – 14 November 2016, Curzon Soho Cinema
We are looking forward to seeing you at The 13th Romanian Film Festival in London this week! There are still some tickets available, but please book soon to avoid disappointment.All films are in Romanian with English subtitles. Box Office: 033 0500 1331 www.curzoncinemas.com/rffCurzon Cinemas is London’s leading arthouse cinema chain with six venues across the capital. Located in the vibrant heart of Soho, Curzon Soho is a landmark cinema (99 Shaftesbury Avenue, London W1D 5DY).
Very popular and talented actors Alexandru Papadopol (Back Home, Stuff and Dough), Ana Ciontea (Sieranevada), Maria Dragus (Graduation), Alina Grigore (Illegitimate) and Vlad Ivanov (Dogs) will come from Bucharest in order to join us for the UK premieres of the latest Romanian films. To whet your appetite, see the festival trailer: https://vimeo.com/rofilmfest/
The 13th Romanian Film Festival in London is entitled TOGETHER AND APART. This is a phrase which may describe the relationship between two partners as they twist and twirl through the intimate movements of a dance. The phrase may also speak to the condition of the Romanian diaspora, divided by distance, united by history and family ties. Most powerfully, though, the phrase hints at the relationship between nationalities, you and me, separated by time and space, but bound together by our fears and hopes for the future.
FILM FESTIVAL PROGRAMME:
Thursday 10 November 2016 – Opening Gala
Director: Cristian Mungiu
Internationally acclaimed director Cristian Mungiu returns with a powerful and universal study about the imprecision of parenthood, the relativity of truth and the ambiguity of compromise, revealed by a father-daughter relationship. A unique and uncompromising vision.
Director: Adrian Sitaru
This riveting, unconventional morality play revolves around the Anghelescus: family patriarch and obstetrician Victor and his four adult children. When Victor’s activist daughter discovers that her father informed on women seeking illegal abortions under Ceausescu’s regime, the revelation sends the already dysfunctional family into a scandalous downward spiral. Fast-paced and superbly acted, Illegitimate is a compelling family drama which blurs the lines between conviction and hypocrisy.
Director: Bogdan Mirica
Roman returns to the land near the border with Ukraine he has just inherited from his grandfather. Fully decided to sell this vast but desolate property, he is warned by the regional police that his grandfather was a local crime lord and that his men will not let go of the territory – and their smuggling business – without a fight.
Director: Cristi Puiu
The first decade of the Third Millennium saw an impressive affirmation of the New Wave of Romanian Directors. The period was inaugurated by Cristi Puiu whose first film Stuff and Dough attracted the attention of the world’s press. Stuff and Dough is available on DVD from Second Run. The DVD also contains Cristi Puiu’s short film Cigarettes and Coffee. http://www.secondrundvd.com/
Seeking a way to finance his own independence, Ovidiu agrees to courier a bag of ‘medical supplies’ to Bucharest. He takes two friends along for the ride, but their high spirits come to an abrupt end when a sinister red Jeep follows and attempts to force them off the road. A straightforward journey suddenly becomes a life threatening ordeal…
Director: Andrei Cohn
Robert is a young writer going through a difficult time. He decides to return home to his native village, for the first time since his mother passed away three years before. In more than 10 years, he has paid only a very few visits to his parents and this fact is reflected by the distant relationship Robert has with his father. Now, he meets two former classmates: Petrica – his old best friend, now married with children, and Paula – his teenage sweetheart. She is divorced after an unhappy marriage, she works at a local store, and she doesn’t seem to be engaged in a relationship…
Director: Cristi Puiu
Three days after the terrorist attack on the offices of Parisian weekly Charlie Hebdo, and forty days after the death of his father, Lary, a doctor in his forties, is about to spend the Saturday at a family gathering to commemorate the deceased.
But the occasion does not go according to expectations.
Forced to confront his fears and his past, to rethink the place he holds within the family, Larry finds himself compelled to tell his version of the truth.
Supported by The Department for Romanians Abroad (DPRRP)
Festival Team: Ramona Mitrica – festival director, Mike Phillips – festival consultant, Alina Salcudeanu – international advisor, Dan Mitrica – webmaster, Laura Lazar – advertising, Eugen Androne – logistics, Mihai Risnoveanu, Kwesi Phillips – media
- PENNY Market, alături de World Vision România, susține programul Bursa Profesională dedicat elevilor din mediul rural
- Casa lui Nottara scoasă la rampă
- Filme româneşti la Festivalul Internaţional de Film Febiofest
- Prima ediție a Conferinței naționale cu participare internațională „Abordarea transdisciplinară a adicțiilor” va avea loc la Iași
- Statia de Reciclare Hunedoara
- Dan Perjovschi. The Book of Notebooks / Cartea carnetelor la Muzeul Belvedere 21 din Viena
- Cel mai important program multidisciplinar din România, de anvergură națională, „AVC 360° – Călătoria Pacientului”, – ajunge la Constanța
- Școala Eurotraining începe curs de fotografie în Timișoara
- Concert Pascal: Filarmonica ,,George Enescu” în colaborare cu Asociația Home of Strings
- Organizații, companii, donatori și voluntari care rescriu destine – premiați la Gala United Way 2018
- Focus on GDPR – conferinţă&workshop despre noul regulament privind protecţia datelor personale
- Platforma ZonaD
- INTERZIS SUB 18 ANI, spectacol accesibilizat persoanelor cu deficiențe vizuale, la Teatrul EXCELSIOR
- Cif curăţă România pentru al cincilea an consecutiv, prin programul „Împreună Curăţăm România Călătorind!”
- Colaborare Orange Fab – The Grape pentru startup-urile tech din Iași
- Sesiune specială de training prin metoda InsideOut Coaching™, pentru 40 de lideri ai ONG-urilor din București
- Asociatia Lume Buna lanseaza proiectul Revista Creativ la Sat
- Studiu BenefitOnline.ro: ce beneficii extrasalariale isi doresc angajatii din Romania si care sunt bugetele alocate de companii pentru a creste gradul de satisfactie a angajatilor