Francesco Cossiga Memorial Scholarship
Aspen Institute Italia invites applications for one scholarship in memory of Francesco Cossiga, former President of the Italian Republic and former Honorary Chairman of Aspen Institute Italia. This scholarship is launched as of September 2012, to encourage foreign students to study in Milan according to the guidelines stated hereunder.
Students of any subject are eligible. They must be resident in the countries where Aspen Institutes are located (USA, Germany, France, Japan, India, Romania, Spain).
The scholarship is meant to support either a two-year course of first-level Master’s degree (Laurea Magistrale), or a second-level Master (either one- or two-year), in any subject, to be sought in one of the Milan universities listed below:
Politecnico di Milano (www.polimi.it)
Università Bocconi (www.unibocconi.it)
Università Cattolica (www.unicattolica.it)
Università degli Studi di Milano (www.unimi.it)
Università degli Studi di Milano Bicocca (www.unimib.it)
Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele (www.unisr.it)
The scholarship will cover the following expenses:
– tuition fees for the entire course, up to a maximum of Euro 20,000.00;
– accommodation at the Collegio di Milano, a campus of excellence that hosts Milan’s best university students (www.collegiodimilano.it), inclusive of three meals per day;
– access to all the services (wi-fi, cleaning service, gym, music room, medical assistance) as well as all the cultural activities offered by the Collegio di Milano;
– tutorship and support for administrative and academic matters.
Moreover, the holder of the scholarship will receive € 500 per month, for a maximum of 24 months.
The candidate will receive the amount of the scholarship for the first year, after which Aspen Institute Italia, in collaboration with the Collegio di Milano, will assess the commitment demonstrated and the goals achieved by the student. A positive evaluation is needed to access the second part of the scholarship.
Interested candidates should send the following documents in English, via email to Mr. Ciprian Stanescu, Leadership Programs Coordinator with Aspen Institute Romania at email@example.com:
– motivation letter, clearly stating which university and which course has been chosen by the applicant (500 words)
– curriculum vitae (résumé);
– two letters of academic references.
The winner will be chosen on the basis of his/her personal motivation, in combination with the excellence of his/her academic achievements. Special attention will be given to the presence of public service in the candidates’ résumés.
The final decision belongs to Aspen Institute Italia, and cannot be appealed.
The deadline to send the documents is December 31, 2011. The final decision will be communicated by February 15, 2012, and the scholarship will be effective at the beginning of September 2012.