NESsT develops and invests in enterprises that solve critical social problems in emerging market countries. Through long term and strategic incubation and patient philanthropy and investment, NESsT works to maximize the impact of its portfolio ensuring that it provides employment, sustainable income and an improved quality of life for the most marginalized communities in our societies. As a thought leader, NESsT has been at the forefront of social enterprise development, conducting extensive research, disseminating numerous best practice publications and organizing national social enterprise events. www.nesst.org
The Enterprise Development Associate (EDA) is based in Timisoara, Romania. The EDA is responsible supporting ongoing sector building projects of NESsT in Romania with the focus on social business development and consulting. This position is a unique opportunity to be part of a meaningful global organization that is changing the world by investing in emerging market businesses that offer employment, sustainable income and an improved quality of life for people who face the greatest barriers to work.
NESsT sector building projects offer professional services to our clients in Romania to enable them to increase their sustainability and social impact. We specialize in providing our clients professional services in sustainability planning, social enterprise development, and engaged philanthropy and impact investing.
It is a full-time position that reports directly to the Enterprise Development Manager in Romania and the Program Leader, and working in conjunction with the global NESsT Sector building team and local consultants. The main responsibilities include:
NESsT Sector Building Responsibilities:
• Technical assistance and strong involvement in delivering Social Enterprise business planning workshops to a number of entrepreneurs or organizations and other thematic workshops from NESsT.
• Review various organizational documents of NESsT beneficiaries – nonprofits, companies and individuals – such as Market Research, Feasibility Studies, Business Plans, aggregate and provide written feedbacks, create and overview the appropriate filing procedures for these documents in the NESsT cloud.
• Overview and coordinate financial and legal operations: contract development, grant disbursement, follow-up and variance measurement of activities and expenses made by enterprises supported by NESsT, etc.
• Involvement in the event planning and event management (logistics, travel arrangements, contracting and bidding of services, etc.) related to the projects.
• Provide one-on-one consulting and technical assistance and business support to the social enterprises. This includes: maintaining constant communication, performing ongoing needs assessment, providing one-on-one consulting, doing site visits, managing portfolio-dedicated programs (i.e. retreat, webinars, mentoring and coaching), assessing performance regularly, and identifying new opportunities for portfolio development
• Drafting donor reports (financial and narrative) and other project related reports and communication.
• Contribute occasionally to the leading of other event/ delivering workshop and development of management tools and/or materials.
• Support local communications tasks:
o Provide relevant updates for the Romania country page
o Respond to general inquiries about NESsT, provide communications/media outreach support in Romania.
A bachelor’s degree in business, economics, development studies, or related fields required.
3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in small business, business or social enterprise development, high-impact entrepreneurial minded NGOs, consulting or finance. Experience in financial analysis, and business plan development is a plus.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to approach tasks in a highly organized, logical and diligent manner.
Demonstrated experience in and commitment to social impact. This may include volunteer positions. Experience with social enterprises is a plus.
Experience as a consultant and trainer, particularly in leading interactive workshops, is a plus.
Excellent verbal and written skills in English, as well as native Romanian and excellent writing skills, to be an effective communicator among diverse internal and external audiences.
Ability to effectively work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and produce high-quality work within tight time constraints.
Ability to be flexible, resourceful and innovative in a small, dynamic, nonprofit environment.
Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft Office and Google Apps.
Willingness and predisposition to travel. (15% of the time).
NESsT offers a competitive salary with benefits
Location: Timisoara, Romania
Schedule: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. with one hour lunch break
Travel: This position requires intensive travel in different implementation phases (i.e. visits to NESsT portfolio members, representing NESsT at various events).
Start Date: 1st of April, 2016
End of the contract: 31st of March, 2018
• Send resume, cover letter and salary history or salary expectations in English via email to Éva Vörös at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Application process is open until position is filled.
• In the subject of the email, please write “Enterprise Development Associate, Romania.”
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls, please.