Welcome to the Dell Social Innovation Competition!
The University of Texas at Austin and Dell are looking for university students around the world with innovative ideas to solve a social or environmental problem. We’re giving away more than $100,000 in cash prizes to at least five winning teams who will be flown to Austin, Texas for an expense-paid Finalist Week-End that culminates in a final pitch and awards ceremony.
Have a good idea, but think it’s not good enough to win yet? We can help! We’ve created new programs this year to expand outreach and support to students at all stages of their idea generation. For example, we have created two new paid fellowship programs that will provide inspiration, mentoring and support to 30 high-potential students who do not advance to the next round. One of the fellowships even includes a stipend to spend a summer improving your idea and venture plan!
No matter how early you are in the idea process, enter your idea now!
How It Works
We are looking for students with the most innovative ideas to solve a social or environmental problem anywhere in the world. Our process is simple:
Round 1 – Idea Concepts
* Post your idea
* Vote & Comment
Round 2 – Semi-Finals
* 100 Semi-Finalists will be announced on March 1, 2011
* 100 Innovators selected to apply for the StartingBloc fellowship will be announced on March 1, 2011
* Semi-Finalists paired with Mentor to advise on venture plan
* Weekly Semi-Finalist conference calls available for insight and advice from the DSIC team
* Semi-Finalists submit a detailed venture plan by April 1, 2011
Round 3 – Finals
* 5 Finalists will be announced on April 15, 2011
* 20 Semi-Finalists for Semi-Finalist Fellowship Program announced on April 15, 2011
* Finalists are flown to Austin, TX for Finalist Week-End and Award Ceremony on May 16, 2011
PS: Multumim Daniel Rosca pentru informatie!