The flagship Leadership Program of the Aspen Institute Romania for the last 12 years, the fellowship based Young Leaders Program, has reached its 13th edition. The 2019 Young Leaders Program will bring increased regional and sectorial participation and create additional diversity and relevance for a growing Network of Aspen Fellows already covering 28 countries.
Click here for more details.
The Young Leaders Program gathers each year 20-25 high profile regional young leaders with a clear two-fold goal: to promote and advance progressive leadership within society; and to develop the regional network of Aspen Fellows, based on shared values and common interests.
The Program addresses candidates:
- between the ages of 25 and 35;
- with a high level of English fluency, as it is the working language of the program;
- having achieved significant professional positions and accomplished results within their area of activity;
- having demonstrated leadership potential, a record of initiative and entrepreneurship and a proven civic interest;
- coming from (not necessarily residing in): Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Georgia, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine.
The program consists of four modules taking place in Romania, organized as follows:
Module I: „The Aspen Seminar” (April 8 – 14, 2019)
Module II: „Modern Leadership” (June 24 – 30, 2019)
Module III: „Leadership Challenges Today” (September 23 – 29, 2019)
Module IV: „Community Service” (December 5, 2019)
The selected candidates are expected to fully take part in all four modules of the program and also to attend the Aspen Leadership Awards and Gala Dinner at the end of the year.
The Institute will offer accepted candidates a scholarship covering accommodation, meals, group transfer between Bucharest and the location of the modules, moderation and reading materials related costs, leaving participants to only cover the transportation expenses between Bucharest and their places of residence.
After the end of the program, the participants will become part of the community of Aspen Fellows and are expected to be actively involved in the activities and events of the Aspen Institute Romania, Aspen Fellows Network and Aspen International Network.