NESsT Romania Enterprise Development Associate
NESsT develops and invests in enterprises that solve critical social problems in emerging market countries. Through long term and strategic incubation and patient philanthropy and investment, NESsT works to maximize the impact of its portfolio ensuring that it provides employment, sustainable income and an improved quality of life for the most marginalized communities in our societies. As a thought leader, NESsT has been at the forefront of social enterprise development, conducting extensive research, disseminating numerous best practice publications and organizing national social enterprise events. www.nesst.org
The Enterprise Development Associate (EDA) is based in Timisoara, Romania. The EDA is responsible supporting ongoing consulting project of NESsT in Romania with 80% of his/her time and provide additional support to the Romania portfolio program of NESsT (20% of his/her time).
NESsT Consulting offers professional services to our clients in Romania to enable them to increase their sustainability and social impact. We specialize in providing our clients professional services in sustainability planning, social enterprise development, and engaged philanthropy and impact investing.
The NESsT Portfolio program is an innovative model that provides capacity building and financial support to a portfolio of social enterprises to strengthen their financial sustainability and maximize their social impact.
It is a full-time position that reports directly to the Country Director in Romania and the Program Leader, and working in conjunction with the global NESsT Consulting team and local consultants. The main responsibilities include:
NESsT Consulting – Responsibilities
– Assist the Program Leader with initial/in-depth research related to the consulting project, reporting, data tabulation and delivering presentations.
– Actively involved and assist the Program Leader/NESsT staff with the drafting of a Social Enterprise competition documents, participating at information days or other type of events, responding to inquiries from external stakeholders.
– Provide support and assist the Program Leader/NESsT Consultants in the social enterprise selection processes at NESsT.
– Technical assistance and involvement in delivering Social Enterprise business planning workshops to a number of entrepreneurs or organizations and other thematic workshops from NESsT.
– Review various organizational documents of NESsT beneficiaries – nonprofits, companies and individuals – such as Market Research, Feasibility Studies, Business Plans, aggregate and provide written feedbacks, create and overview the appropriate filing procedures for these documents in the NESsT cloud.
– Overview and coordinate financial and legal operations: contract development, grant disbursement, follow-up and variance measurement of activities and expenses made by enterprises supported by NESsT, etc.
– Involvement in the event planning and event management (logistics, travel arrangements, contracting and bidding of services, etc.) related to the consultancy project.
– Provide one-on-one consulting and technical assistance to the social enterprises.
– Drafting donor reports (financial and narrative) and other project related reports and communication.
– Contribute occasionally to the leading of other event/ delivering workshop and development of management tools and/or materials.
Portfolio work at NESsT Romania – Responsibilities
Provide technical assistance to social enterprises in the NESsT incubation phase
- Develop presentations and conduct capacity-building workshops (on HR management, sales, sustainability, etc.) to support social enterprises through the different stages of the social enterprise development process
- Regularly communicate with NESsT social enterprises
- Support the Country Director and the Enterprise Development Manager (EDM) in administrative and logistical tasks related to the portfolio work:
- Organize events including meetings, workshops, and conferences
- Maintain database of NESsT contacts
- Provide administrative/HR support for new staff, volunteers, and interns
- Occasionally support local communications tasks:
- Provide relevant updates for the Romania country page
- Assist in the production of NESsT publications, including writing/editing and translation of consulting or portfolio related documents.
- Respond to general inquiries about NESsT, provide communications/media outreach support in Romania.
- Education in business, economics, development studies or related fields; graduate level studies/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 3- 5years of relevant work experience (small business experience a plus)
- Excellent written and spoken English and native Romanian.
- Experience in market research, financial analysis, and business plan development.
- Experience in project management (experience with social projects a plus).
- Experience in consulting and training strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social sector in Romania and strong commitment to NESsT’s mission.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and capacity to combine attention to detail with a view of the big picture.
- Strong research and analytical skills, writing skills
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful and innovative in a small, dynamic, nonprofit environment.
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience working in a multicultural, diverse, remote and virtual teams, involving heavy use of e-mail and online communication tools.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Willingness and predisposition to intensive travel.
Compensation: Salary will be negotiated based on experience and qualification prior to employment.
Location: Timisoara, Romania
Schedule: 9 am – 6 pm with one hour lunch break
Travel: This position requires intensive travel in different implementation phases (ex. visits to NESsT beneficiaries at the project start). Approximate no. of travel days will be 45-50 days/year for rural parts of Romania (site visits, local consultations) and also to Bucharest for the trainings. .
Start Date: March 16th, 2015
End of the contract: February 28th, 2017.
- Send resume, cover letter and salary history or salary expectation in English via email to Éva Vörös at email@example.com by February 23rd, 2015
- In the subject of the email, please write “Enterprise Development Associate Romania.”
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls, please. The position starts on March 16th, 2015